Online vet: how does it work?
- An expert veterinarian assists you by video call
- The virtual consultation lasts as long as necessary, but it does not usually take more than 20 minutes.
- The companion of the pet should try to make it appear in the video call and film the body parts / behaviors or other symptoms that have been abnormal.
- At the end of the consultation, the veterinarian can make a diagnosis and, if necessary, send a prescription or recommend the visit of a generalist or specialist
When is the online vet recommended?
- Follow-up: After a first face-to-face visit with the veterinarian, some case follow-ups can be carried out online.
- Review and issuance of prescriptions to extend treatments
- Consultations about care or cures
- Impossibility of transferring the pet to a center and home vets not available in the area. In all cases, a face-to-face visit will be recommended as soon as possible.
- First evaluation to determine the need for a specialist or emergency.
When is the online vet not recommended?
- First visits: The first evaluation must be done face-to-face in order to properly assess the case. A virtual consultation in this case can only be used as a temporary solution but the face-to-face visit must be made as soon as possible.